Ruth's Knits

3/19/2005

The beginning

My earliest memories of knitting were with my dad when I was 10. He taught me how to do several simple projects with aluminum needles, and I'd knit up a little scarf here and there. I never knew how to start my projects, so he'd cast on and bind off at the end for me. Then I got into embroidery and other interesting crafts, and forgot all about my needles.

I didn't pick them up again until fall 2004 - and taught myself (through a couple books). I'm still learning, but the movements have all been slowly coming back to me. It's been almost 2 decades since my dad taught me, but there's something familiar about the movement of my needles coming together that is comforting.

In anycase, this is a start of a new blog - a record of my humble projects. Have fun reading!

Posted at 2:31 PM :: 2 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------