Ruth's Knits

5/12/2005

Branching Out Update

I've been busy with Knitty's Branching Out scarf. It's my first time doing lace, and at first glance, the pattern looked fairly easy. As I started the project, I realized what was so frustrating about lace - keeping track of my stitches and where I was in the pattern!! I kept losing my place and messing up, and that ended up in me having to frog the scarf 3 times (and multiple tinkering in the middle too!). I've dropped stitches several rows below - which isn't that bad - but when it's a lace pattern, sometimes I have to keep myself from screaming in frustration. After all the mistakes and corrections, I realize that I can't really watch TV or carry on a conversation or do anything else while knitting this up. I need to have my full concentration on the pattern!

Despite my frustrating beginnings, I'm learning that lace isn't really all that difficult (if I pay attention), and I'm getting used to reading charts.

Here's a snapshot of my scarf so far (I'm using Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool in pink):


A close-up on the lace:

Posted at 1:17 PM :: 2 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------