Ruth's Knits

7/22/2005

FO: Honeymoon Cami

I finished this over a week ago, but didn't get around to organizing pictures until recently (hubby and I just got back from a trip to Pt. Reyes). I brought my cami with me!

Here's my Honeymoon Cami!


A close-up:


Pattern: Honeymoon Cami, by Julia Trice
Yarn: Dale of Norway Svale, Blue (#5824); a little less than 4 balls
Needle: US #6 circs
Gauge: 22 sts/4 inches
Size: 34"

Additional Notes:

Yarn
I really liked working with Svale. It's a cotton/vicose/silk blend, and drapes really nice and feels really nice. It's a bit splitty because of how it's plied, but you're careful, it should be ok. Although Julia says you don't have to block it, I did anyways, and found out that my Svale color bled just a little bit while I was handwashing it.

Pattern
- Size: I had noticed from other people's experience with knitting up size 34", was that it ended up being slightly too big, even though that was the initial measured size they were going for. Since my gauge was slightly smaller, I figured I could fudge a bit and get around that possible problem. Wrong. It actually was slightly too roomy for my comfort (especially how low the V-neck can go) despite the gauge difference. The next time I knit it up, i'll definately do the 32" size instead and I'm sure that will fit much more comfortably and snugly.
- Level of difficulty: My first time FINISHING a "piquant" project (Shimmer doesn't count just yet!) and it wasn't bad at all!! I've only been knitting since last October (so technically not a full year yet) and this project was pleasant to work with! It was a tad tricky when you get to working with the V-neck/armhole shaping, but once you figure it out, it's a cinch. I'm tempted to make a second one in another color (a soft pink?) and in a smaller size. I love this pattern!
- Future changes: A smaller size (as mentioned above). Also, probably neater armhole shaping. And if I'm bold enough, some decorative lace edging along the bottom. =)

Posted at 2:32 PM :: 7 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------