Ruth's Knits

10/05/2005

Travel Updates!

Finally back home! We were sad to leave, but now that we're home, we're glad to be home. =) I've posted a brief summary (with some pictures) on my other blog; check the 10/5 posts. Meanwhile, I'll share here things on the knitting front of my trip:

I've finished knitting up the Debbie Bliss dress. All I have left is to block it, sew in a button in the back, and weave in a colored ribbon through the decorative holes. And then it's all set to give away! Here's the front:


Here's the back:


While I was overseas, I was able to meet a couple knitters!! It was alot of fun to finally put faces to the names and blogs. I met Laura in KL:


And went yarn shopping with some of the SnB girls in Singapore! (from left to right: me, Lois, Cara, Matilda):


I also had lunch with Emy, but alas, neither of us remembered to take a picture. Next time! =)

Lastly, I'll end this post with me on the Ka'anapali Beach (Maui), attempting to knit. Shortly after this picture was taken, I immediately put away my knitting, because sand was getting everywhere, and the air was humid with salt water. I did make lots of progress with my Samantha baby sweater dress, pictures will come soon!

Posted at 11:05 PM :: 12 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------