Ruth's Knits

12/23/2005

Merry Christmas!

I've been busy with various knitting projects (I can't really post pictures just yet because they are gifts). But this one I can publicize!

FO: Mini-Sweater Ornaments




In my hand:


On the tree:


Pattern: Mini-Sweater Ornament
Yarn: Lion Brand's Magic Stripes, Denim Stripe; 75% wool, 25% nylon
Needle: US #1's and 4's dpns
Accessories: mini clothes hanger
Approximate Size: 2-1/4" length, 4-1/2" body circumference

Pattern Notes:

Pattern
A really fun (and quick) knit! I think I finished one sweater within one (full) afternoon. Fiddling with size 1 needles was interesting at first (it's the smallest I've ever worked with thus far!) but after awhile, I got the hang of it. Too bad I discovered this pattern so late in the season, or then I would have made a bunch of these to give away for gifts!! But I enjoyed the pattern alot, and will definately keep this for future gifts (baby showers, etc.) as well.

Yarn
I used leftover sock yarn (the pattern asks for fingering to sport weight yarn). The self-striping aspect of Magic Stripes made the mini-sweaters look so cute! I'm very happy with it. =)

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!! Merry Christmas!!

For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6, NAS)

Posted at 9:22 AM :: 16 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------