Ruth's Knits

1/11/2006

Oddball Meme

***Ground Rules: The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 weird habits of yours" and people who get tagged need to write a blog entry about their 5 quirky habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.***

Tagged by Jen! For some reason, it feels like I've done this meme (or something similar) before. Or maybe I've seen this floating around for a long time and it feels like I've done it before? =P

1. Instant-Messaging: I am ALWAYS online. I may not always be at the computer, but my computer is always on and connected. I'm more of an IM-gal than a phone gal. It is because of my trillian that I am able to KIT with so many of my out-of-town friends (90% of my active contacts are not from Sacramento). I almost never use the phone unless it's purely for informational purposes, and even at that, I prefer to email/IM you instead. So if you want to get a hold of me and get a quick response, you better have a computer. (I'm terrible at calling people back, sorry!)

2. Milk Tea: If you don't know what this is, you're missing out (more info here). I'm very picky with what I get when I'm at a boba place (Tapioca Express, Q-Cup, Lollicup, Fantasia, etc.). I always get a Jasmine/Green milk tea with lychee jelly (don't mess with my usual order!!). If someone accidentally gives me a regular milk tea, I will either 1) ask them to re-do my order, 2) give it to the hubby in disgust, or 3) be tempted to throw it away. If they run out of lychee jelly, I'll opt for a hot Jasmine/Green milk tea with nothing. No boba at all.

3. Shower routine: Ok, so I always have to pee before I jump in the shower. Don't ask me why. Even if I don't need to use the bathroom, I feel weird jumping in the shower without going to pee first. Is that weird?

4. Security: I screen my calls. I don't have caller ID at my home number yet, but alot of the times if I'm not expecting a call, I'll let it go to my answering machine. If you are leaving me a message and I realize that you aren't a telemarketer, I will pick up the phone. I also don't answer the front door unless I know I'm expecting someone. I don't want to deal with anyone trying to convince me of their religious beliefs, or sell me some magazines, carpet cleaners, water softener systems, or anything. Sorry.

5. Shopping: I love browsing through the usual malls, but because I've always grown up with a small/tight budget, by habit I am very frugal with how I shop. If I absolutely don't need it (although the actual definition of "need" may vary with my mood), I won't get it. I try to enter a store with a clear idea of getting ONLY what I need to get, with a set formulated list in my head. And if I see an unexpected but enticing item that is not on my list, I will do the following: cover up the price tag, name my own price that I would purchase the item, and compare to see if my price matches the actual price. If it doesn't match, or if the actual price is higher than the one I named, I'll try my very best to emotionally detach from the item. It's more difficult than it sounds, but I try very hard. (This happens alot at yarn stores and Sanrio stores.)

Ok, don't get mad at me, but I'm going to tag some of you. You don't have to do it, but I'm just tagging you because I'd like to know a little bit about you too. But of course, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. =D

Lynda
Laura
Donna
Shelley
Courtney

Posted at 3:53 PM :: 9 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------