Ruth's Knits

1/28/2006

Year of the Dog

To start off, I want to wish you a happy Chinese New Year! If you're Mandarin speaking, Xin Nian Kuai Le! If you're Cantonese speaking, Kung Hei Fat Choi! (sorry about my sucky pinyin skills). As a child I used to love this time of year (it comes third after Christmas and my birthday), because of the wonderful food and the red envelopes of money we'd get! Click here for more information on one of the biggest holidays of the year.



And of course, it is the year of the dog:


Ushering the new year, I had originaly intended to clean my house beforehand (a great excuse to get my butt going on this) but ended up not having enough time to do so. That's ok, at least I got to do something different - it was my first time making traditional sticky rice cake from scratch (nian gao): YUMMY!

With the celebrations, I was able to also get some knitting done too:


A couple close-ups:




I'm feeling alot more comfortable with mohair. Lace is quite addicting - I love how detailed it is (I'm never bored with it) and when I look back at what I've done, I love how it looks!

P.S. If you've noticed, I've changed my template once again. I think I'll stick with this for now - it's functional and clean. =) I have also joined the Frappr bandwagon too, come put yourself on my map! =)

Check out my Frappr!

Posted at 7:26 PM :: 19 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------