Ruth's Knits

3/03/2006

Happily Hooking Away

Yep, that's right, I'm hooked.

I've been practicing on some other motifs, these in particularly from one of Candi Jenson's books "Crochet Bags" with the cutest handbag. I had some help with some of the talented ladies in my church (did I mention I was starting a knitting group at my church?) It's made with granny squares, and in the squares, little sweet posies that "pop" out from the center!

I also stocked up on some crochet books. The "Teach Yourself Visually Crochet" is a great reference/teaching tool, beside the Candi Jensen books I've already got. And of course, Debbie Stoller's fun "Happy Hooker". I love her fun and light style of writing, and this book has got alot of cute patterns in there.



And, just because I'm a fan of Nancy Wiseman's book on finishing techniques on knitting, I got her recent book on finishing for crochet. Very helpful!



As for knitting, I'm getting there. Right now the housework has been so seriously neglected (did I mention how much I hate cleaning the house), so I'm only using knitting as a way to treat myself (e.g. Once I finish cleaning the kitchen, I get to knit 5 rows; vacuuming the family room, 5 more rows!). So far it's working. ;)

Posted at 4:49 PM :: 12 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------