Ruth's Knits

3/13/2006

Lacy Bliss

Had a really relaxing but fun weekend (details here). Was in Monterey and Carmel with hubby, from Wednesday to Sunday. I found a couple really nice LYS along the way. They are worth visiting, if you are in the area!

Knitting By The Sea
5th & Junipiero
Carmel, CA 93923
800-823-3189

Monarch Knitting & Quilts
529 Central Ave. Ste. 3
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
888-575-9276
(www.monarchknitting.com)


On another note, I was tagged by Kaity awhile back, and finally had a moment to take a shot of my knitting space. It's on one of our couches in front of the TV, with lots of cushions and "friends" who keep me company (meet Clancy the Bear and Alfred the Reindeer):



See the blue fuzzy project on the couch? It's my mohair Lacy Lattice Stole project, and I'm taking my time with it and really enjoying it. It took awhile to get used to the mohair, and now it's no problem at all. Lace is so addicting. I'm steadily making progress on it (I'm almost at the halfway point) but I'm enjoying the process of lace so much. (You can click on the photo below to see an upclose look at it.)



One thing I realized is that mohair in dark colors may not have been the best choice to show off the lace definition. From afar, it just looks like one dark furry thing, but it isn't until you look closely (and against a light background) that you can see the actual lace. Oh well, I didn't know about this when I started, but nevertheless, I'm still enjoying it immensely. This project was intended to be a gift, but because of all the work on it, I'm not quite sure I can part with it, once I'm done. So who knows - I just might keep it for myself. =)



Hope everyone has a good week!

Posted at 11:58 AM :: 9 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------