Ruth's Knits

5/30/2006

FO: SnB One Skein Scarf

My first crocheted FO!
I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, and it's soft and really warm - very fun, flirty, and feminine!



A close-up of the stitches:


Pattern: SnB Crochet: The Happy Hooker "One-Skein Scarf", by Denise Cozzitorto
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran #602, 2 skeins
Needle: Size K/10.5 hook
Size: 3.5" wide x 75.5" long

Pattern Notes:

Pattern
A really fast crochet! I did it in only a couple hours, seriously. It's just a couple rows of double-crochet stitches, and just a border of shells all around (shells also made out of double-crochet stitches). After doing a bunch of neverending sweaters, this quick project really hit the instant gratification button in me. Plus, it's a super cute scarf!

Yarn
Although this is called a "one skein", I used two skeins. The recommended yarn was 233 yards, but the DB Cash Aran was approx. 100 yards each, and I only used a full skein and then maybe 60% of the second skein. And of course, the yarn was soft and warm. Even though this scarf is more decorative than functional, it really still warms me up. =)

Posted at 1:11 PM :: 17 Stitches

Stitch it to me!

---------------oOo---------------